Monday, December 10, 2007

Another Dart Day

On Sunday I decided to have another playboat session on the Dart. The level was great, flowing over the slab, But only just flowing over rocks at topwave. Not so high that it made it too hard to get back up the eddy, or get washed too far down stream when it all went wrong!
What more can you say about a topwave session, it was great, and I'm still aching over 24hrs later!

Top wave with a short Que, brilliant.

Dan W. Throws a blunt


Nick E. Also throwing a big blunt

I also ran the Loop twice, using the free shuttle to get back to Newbridge each time. Triple was good, the playwave was just there, but very fast, thrashy, surgie and the eddyline behind was evil trying to cross it in a playboat! But there were lots of waves all over the river to throw wave wheels off of.


The Triple wave, fast and surgie, but the eddyline was waiting for you!

I finally gave up as the river started to come up again, making the paddle back up to the wave longer and harder, sapping more and more strength till I felt that I couldn't take anymore!

No comments: