Monday, May 14, 2007

The rain it was a falling

Unless you had your head well buried, you'd have noticed that it rained an awful lot over the weekend. And lots of rain on dry ground means lots of flash flood action, and soaring river levels means excited paddlers.


The slot drop looking fairly evil

Whilst many people set out onto the moor to try and find some action the draw of a lazy day with limited energy output gripped me. I eventually dragged my wife and myself out for a short walk along the river Erme, just above Ivybridge.


The Broken weir looking chunky

I've paddled the section a few times but never seen it looking quite as big as this. I was somewhat glad I'd gone for the lazy option, the idea of being on any raging Dartmoor river, even if the sun was shining, just didn't fill me with joy!


The big boulder drop looking chewy

The afternoon turned into a beautiful sunny day. But the weather forecast looks damp for the rest of the week, so who knows what might happen.

No comments: