Tuesday, May 01, 2007

A quick ride at Haldon

Friday 20th April

Tom, Andy and I managed to get upto Haldon for a quick ride after work on Friday. Andy decided to use his new 661 Body Armour out-fit. While I don't doubt it's protection, it looks more than tough enough, it does make Andy look really daft!

Andy looking daft in his body armour


We had a good quick ride, it's a shame so much of the top section of the red run is still out of order, it really shortens the route alot. Plus the black run is still a work in progress, so it's no longer worth the walk up the hill to that part of the trails.


There is no excuse for either of them!

I had the biggest crash I've had in a long time. I'm sure the length of time between crashes is directly proportional to the amount of injuries sustained in a crash! I rode the ladder drop, the two berms, and then attempted to squash the jump into the rock garden, in order to keep my speed up. In reality I rode the ladder, the two berms, mis-timed the jump and nearly got thrown over the bars, almost regained control as I entered the rock garden, realised all hope was lost and bailed, just missing a large tree, but hitting the floor hard with lots of me, including loosing most of my speed via my head and the floor! A little shaken but still in one piece I carried on. I now have a large bruise above my left knee, two bruises on the back of my left leg, a bruise on the top of my right thigh, cuts up the back of my right leg, a graze on my right shoulder and a sore neck. Not bad!

In future I'll try to fall off more often, but with less injuries!

No comments: