Sunday, January 21, 2007

Double header on the Dart

With yet another great amount of water in the Dart it was time to hit the Double header Home run. A run down the upper in creekers, before swapping to playboats for a session on the loop.
Ewart and I hit the Upper. The level was sweet, some nice lines, great waves and holes and still plenty of opportunities for rock spins and splats.


The meat of Euthanasia.

Ewart tried to get me to run my two Nemesis rapids, Euthanasia and Suprise-Suprise. I've run them in the past, but since dislocating my shoulder for a second time I've been less then keen on them. The water level was great and the lines were fairly clean and but after a spot of head rudder action on the drops above Euthanasia I didn't fancy it!


The classic view of Euthanasia.

When we got to Newbridge Ewart had to get off the river, Because he had to get back to Exeter for Lunch. After a quick bit of shuttle run action I got back on the river for a spot of playboat action.

I had hoped to join Roger for a play on the Dart. But Ewart and I were to late to Newbridge for me to catch up with him. I did however bump into Tom B in his squirt boat, and then down at Triple we met up with Andy, Dom and Sam.


Ewart hitting the line on Suprise-Suprise.

(click the image and be patient, wait for the animation to load)

We had a good session on the playwave a triple, but the clear blue skies of the morning were gone, and the clouds rolled in again. After a full day on the river I was shattered. Time to get back to Exeter and cook some Dinner!


Ewart, catalogue pose below Suprise-Suprise.

No comments: