Friday, January 23, 2009

Fridays Dart Fun

Once again there was lots of rain forecast overnight, but this time I didn't have to work today, so I could spend more time on the river. Awesome!! The river wasn't quite as high as I had expected when I got to Newbridge, but it was still completely covering the slab, so it was all set for some playboat action.






Top wave was good, but not quite high enough to be really great yet, but it did mean that the eddy service was excellent. So I spent some time there before heading on down the rest of the loop. There were a few other smaller waves that were worth a quick surf, the wave below washing machine and a small wave above the crazy seal launch. The wave at the bottom of Triple drop was still a tad to high, surfable, but without a shoulder and quite flushy. Finally there is the wave after the spin drier.






Being on my own meant that I didn't have a shuttle, so I started walking back to Newbridge with my boat. Luckily though someone stopped and picked me up within 100m. So it was back on the river for a second run! The level had dropped a bit, but not too much. Top wave was still OK, but the wave at triple was much better. It still didn't have a great shoulder, but there was more of a shoulder than previously, and it was more retentive. Second time round I had to walk a bit further, but I managed to get a lift again, this time with Simon Westgarth.
What a great day on the river!

No comments: