Friday, January 18, 2008

On the Upper Dart, at last!!

It's taken sometime this season, but finally I managed to paddle the upper Dart this weekend! The water levels so far this winter have been a bit all, or nothing. So when its been 'All' and the rivers have been bank full I've taken to the playboat and the Loop. And when its been lower I've taken to the surf with the waveski.
But this weekend, with the surf looking blown out, and the rivers not too low and not too high, I at last managed to get onto the upper and try out my new creek boat. I've got myself a Liquid Logic Jefe.
I met up with Dan, Owen, Jason, Rupert the giant, Jack and little Arthur, and with Tom B driving shuttle two runs were on the cards! The river level was ok, just lapping onto the slab at Newbridge and everyone was up for a laugh. As you can imagine all sorts of comedy, silliness, racing, spraydeck pulling etc.......
The Jefe rocked! easy to paddle, comfortable, maneuverable and it boofs like a dream. I just hope I managed to get out and paddle it again before this season ends.


Little Arthur getting ready for another attempt at Euthanasia

Everyone getting on at Dartmeet

No comments: