Tuesday, January 29, 2008

More Harlyn Surf

Sorry, no exciting surf pictures today, I was far to busy taking a pasting in the waves to get any. But we had a wonderful day at Harlyn. We headed up in Ewarts Truck, with his (hungover) house mate Phil.
The waves were quite bizarre, I've never really seen anything quite like it. The swell was rolling in fairly quickly, then jacking up superfast, sucking all the water off of the beach, then dumping hard and fast! You'd paddle into a wave, and just as you were taking off the bottom of the wave would drop out, leaving you looking at a four foot drop, into really shallow water, and then a thick lip would slam down onto the bottom. If you were lucky you'd have survived the drop and managed to get out infront of the wave before it closed out on your head, if you were unlucky you'd get nailed on the drop in, and then the lip would pound you into the seabed!
Ewart and Phil, both on boards, got some serious poundings by the waves, meanwhile I was on the waveski, and although I couldn't get driven into the sand, cos I was strapped to the board, I still got some heavy weight thrashings!
But on the upside, the weather was amazing. Clear blue skies, the sun blazing down and not a breath of wind.
Here's a couple of the pictures I did manage to get off of the water.

Ewart, Phil and the truck

Check out Ewarts new long board, and my art-tastic pic!



The amazing weather on the drive home

No comments: