Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Exeter Indoor Bike Trial

This Saturday there was an indoor bike trials competion held at the Matford Centre in Exeter. It had been organised by the guys at Saddles and Paddles in Exeter.
I was supposed to be working, but Ewart and I managed to bunk off for a little while to watch some of the action in the afternoon.
It was great to see all the Guy and Girls on their little 26" and 20" wheeled bikes, hopping and popping all over a wide range of obstacles. The skills on display were truely awsome.


Unfortunatly I forgot my proper camera, but I did manage to snap a few shots on my camera phone.


The various sections that the riders had to complete were varied and interesting. Ranging from a varriety of parked cars and vans, to big logs, to giant tyres, to massive cotton reels, a heap of skips, some scaffold pltaforms, and of course a good range of pallets!

For those that don't know much about bike trials (and I confess to not being an expert myself) the idea is to ride over the obstacles staying within the limits of a pre-set route, without putting your feet down. The competitors had to ride three laps of the 6 sections. At the end the person with the least dabs (technical term!) is the winner, simple really!


No comments: