Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cross border surf raid

I headed out for a little cross border surf raid today. I made the drive to my favourite little Cornish surf break. There is something I always find exciting about heading to Cornwall for some surf. Is it that the waves are always better, the sea always blue, and at my favourite spot always empty? I don't know, but once again my effort was rewarded. I had the waves all to myself, the water was indeed blue, and the waves were clean, steep and fast.


The mighty Rush 7'2" at my favourite Cornish surf spot


The waves were generally around 3-4ft but there were regular rouge sets of about 6ft to keep me on my toes. I had an interesting time punching through a couple of sets, that do or die moment when you don't quite know if your going to make it over the wave, or if the lip is going to land on your head!



A mid sized set peeling its way across the beach



After about 2 1/2hrs of shredding it all on my own, the tide was getting to the point where the surf gets a bit 'weird'. So I said my thank yous to the gods of surfing, and headed home, happy but exhausted.

No comments: