Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Malawian adventure

It had gotten round to that time again, and so I set off to Malawi to visit my Family. Heading out in November was a change for me, I'd only ever been early in the year, at the end of the rainy season. So it was a shock to see everything so dead and dry. But there had been approximately three months without significant rainfall. The temperature hit over 34C in the shade on several occasions! As well as seeing family, I checked out some waterfalls, went to a game reserve to try and spot wildlife and swam lots in the lake. Here's a few pictures of what I saw.


My Dad cooking marsh mallows on Acacia thorns at Vwaza reserve


Enjoying the sunset over lake Kazuni while cooking dinner, Vwaza reserve



A scorpion in my book, Eeeeek......




A Hippo enjoying the mud, Lake Kazuni, Vwaza reserve





Multi coloured Mbuna fish, lake Malawi





Rapids on the South Rukuru river





Mongwe falls, South Rukuru river






Fresh water crab, Lake Malawi







A Southern Tree Agama, a friends back garden!








The South Rukuru river below Rumphi, this year before the rainy season









The same location last year, after the rainy season










No comments: