Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A good day on the river, a bad day off the river.

Well with the end of the Dart 'Season' approaching I thought I'd take advantage of this weeks good water levels to make the most of some playboating.
The river was rising quickly and topwave was changing rapidly. But it was all good fun. After getting my fill of surfing I headed off down the river, it was a good level but still some way short of BIG, and the tide line from the previous day was HUGE, about three steps up at newbridge. The wave at Triple was a bit to high to be really playful. But I had good fun trying to surf it. It was fast and surgey, changing from steep and with a shoulder, to flat and shoulder-less really fast. You couldn't just surf and set up to hit the shoulder, everytime I tried the shoulder vanished and I flushed off into the not so fun eddyline!


C arving back into the wave


Launching a blunt

Carving back the other way


Meanwhile though, some lowdown toe-rags were breaking into our house and stealing our stuff. They managed to sneak into the garden and 'let themselves in' through the back door. They then trashed the house and made off with my Laptop, all my film cameras, a digital video camera, MP3 players and most of our bank details and ID.

Suffice to say we are not happy bunnies. Hope fully the insurance will sort most of it out, but time will tell.
Remember don't make it easy for thieves to see what you've got and keep doors and windows locked.

No comments: