Wednesday, November 22, 2006

YAK Exe Decent 2006. Mill on the Exe

Well after the Night time freestyle action, I thought I'd pop down the Mill on the Exe again. This time in the day light to watch the YAK Exe Decent in action.



The Exe Decent starts in Tiverton, and competitors paddle 19 Miles to Exeter. During the 19 miles are a number of wiers and minor rapids.



I didn't hang around too long, because it was pretty chilly out on the river bank. But I did manage to snap off a few quick pictures. Better than some of the paddlers I saw though, one K2 managed to snap itself in half, running the main line on the bottom step of the weir, and another K2 that managed to snap the nose off their boat, running the river left line into the play hole.



The river level had dropped off a bit from Saturdays level, but there was still enough water to make some of the weirs quite tricky.



Congratulations to all the competitors who took part, your either better or madder than me, I'm not sure which!!

No comments: